thought provoking

So lately Ive been feeling like I havent really accomplished anything. The book ive been "writing" is still untitled an my dreams of being on oprah promoting my work is still.....a dream. I thought for quite sometime now that I was a "nothing", you know those people that have no talent, nothing to offer to society and I call these people the "takers". Being a taker I felt kind of down for a very long time, I wanted to be someone, I wanted to be important, I wanted to be like sophie kinsella, or yasmina khadra. I want to be an author, and I know that a few chapters of an untitled book wont make me an author but even I have dreams. I figured of all the authors trying to make it big, of the thousands of writers working towards their dreams, why am I so special? Well sadly I am not special, and maybe not as good as the other writers out there. I realized being a taker is not so bad, sometimes to be a writer you need an audience to appreciate talent an work and that to me is just as important. A writer is nothing without its readers. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if my dreams don't work out, I'm playing a major part in making other dreams come true. If we all made it, who would be our critics when everyone is too busy competing with each other. One day if InshAllah it happens then alhamdulilah an if not then good luck to all the other writers out there.

p.s I still want to be on oprah

signed

avid reader

3 comments:

Lonesome Dreamer said...

Good luck :) And don't give up so soon - anything worth doing takes blood, tears, sweat and a couple of unappreciated years.

ascension said...

loool, i know i'll remember this comment inshAllah an when i do make it i promise you'll be my first shout out

Lonesome Dreamer said...

^inshallah :)