A day in the life of a saudi..the journey part 1

Asalaamu alaikum

*sigh*...since I've come back from KSA, I've been extremely miserable as if I'm an outcast in this country and I don't belong. At school I feel alienated from everyone, and my secret haven is the prayer room. Saudi was incredible an experience unlike any other. I was born and raised there and I've been back many times, but I guess this time the experience left me with a closer bond then ever, only because I had a feeling that this was the last time I'd be there, in a very long time or not at all. Because this time my reason for going was different, I wasn't as spoiled as I usually am when I go, so I got to experience KSA from a different point of view, more like from the angle of an actual saudi then a visitor. So here goes, I'll summarize my trip the whip of emotions/reactions an how I feel now. O yes if I had to compare how saudi feels like, well imagine a really big masjid, an imagine that masjid to be a home, a country for thousands of people...thats KSA

I left june 23 2008 I wasnt all that eager, because a)The flight was delayed, b)I've been there before so I assumed what I would be expecting, and c)I was in a really bad mood. So long story short, every plane we had to take to get there was delayed and/or cancelled. And no it doesnt take that many planes just to get there but because so many flights were cancelled we had to take alternate routes and even those planes were delayed so basically it was a three day journey. As you can see it started off bad already, We were extremely tired so we slept on the airport floor (literally) then continued in our journey. We got there looking like zombies, eye liner dripping down our faces, our clothes either soaked crumbled or stained. When we stepped outside it was as if a heat wave slapped our faces. Because I came with alot of people, my family including my relatives we had ALOT of luggage so we were out in the sun for a good while trying to get things together. When we arrived at the house we were soaked in sweat on top of the other disgusting things we mustve looked like. We didnt give proper salaams, which kind of appalled my grandparents and my relatives, I mean i would be angry if someone I was eagerly waiting for gave me a loose hug an walked by me...but mashallah my grandparents are darlings they understood.After the struggled greetings we dashed straight for our beds an slept like...well we slept for the hours that we missed....2 days later.

my eyes slowly drifted open and thats when it all began....to be continued

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what happened next huh

Mina said...

Wow what an amazing journey you musta had!!!

But Im sure it was all worth it:)
waiting for the next installment.

The antidote said...

samira: u'll c

mina: yea i'm writing it now

Unknown said...

assalamu aleikum!
i know that its not very polite from my side...thanx for visiting my blog and leaving comment or better to say leaving nice greatings. i;ve just visited ur nice blog and reading this article couldn't avoid say abt what you ve said here..u compare mekku with a masjid that made me so real feel it. i was not yet in ksa but inshaallah will go there sometime. i was studying in islamic university the same time it was a masjid.i spent there two beautiful years of my life.till now i try to catch the feelings that i had while i was in that masjid.where everyone has first in their minds-Allah.all other this life things on the rest places or even wasn't exist.. that was really great i miss that like nothing else in my life thanx for the post