Random Rage

So yea it’s my first blog and I can see I already have an image set out for me. Lets break out of that shell a little bit, the “baby” persona. Well my friends, age ain’t nothing but a number and I can definitely say that is very true. But yes so im here venting out a pet peeve of mine and it’s the constant belief that women are destined to live in the kitchen with their only utensils in life being a frying pan and a spatula. Don’t get me wrong I do believe that women should take care of their family, but to a certain degree. I mean come on, we’re all in school for a reason so I don’t see why its all of a sudden thrown away when the ring is placed on that finger. Why cant we have our careers, have our kids, and still be living happily? And yes being Somali has also given us the idea of having 13 kids as normal lol. I mean yea I guess time is something us ladies fear but for some reason out there I believe there is a happy way of living while having everything worked out. I mean why cant ur husband cook once in a while? Why can’t he take some time and clean the living room, or even set the table? So ya I guess for a first blog I look like a raging feminist but I do believe in women having a bigger role than just cooking and cleaning all day while the husband goes to work and asks for the big piece of chicken (yes, I kno all fathers/older brothers do this loool) so ladies, I say raise that spatula high with one hand and ur degree’s in the other and let it be known u have a voice that says more than “chicken or beef?”



…its Sweet….Bittersweet007…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are very right sister sometimes its funny when girls are in school only to pass the time WHAT TIME time is money. i like your posts keep posting masha Allah

Anonymous said...

Masha Allah sister i love your writting. and i agree women should be recognized for more than just slaves of the home. your ending was great keep writting

Miss Muslimah said...

I agree!
I wrote something to that effect,if you want to take a look...

bittersweet007 said...

hey muslimah glad u enjoyed it and im gonna take a look at ur piece right about now lol

Bitter marzipan said...

a nice read..

in my culture,we have a traditional saying which means : (even if some women reached Mars,sh will end up entering the kitchen)...

personally,I'm lucky I love cooking although it can be time consuming..
My advice to you is to find an understanding husband,not all men are selfish only 98% !